Pages

Thursday 29 May 2014

Whatever happens, make art - iPad painting

 

I really think that however I feel, however tired I am, however fed up, making art is my saviour. Keeping in touch with the creative process is essential for me. I just watched Alastair Sooke talking about Matisse when he was aged and infirm creating those fantastic cut outs. Sooke said something to the effect that Matisse needed to create to live, and that life and art in the end were the same thing to him. I agree with that.

By the way, I'm fine ! Just the darkness of this piece made me think, and that yesterday I sat at my table in the studio almost completely devoid of inspiration, and thought OK, just make marks. So I did and I do and it somehow makes everything come back into place.

There's only one secret to creativity. Just do it !

 

No comments:

Post a Comment